The Conductivity Probe determines the ionic content of an aqueous solution by measuring its conductivity. This has many applications in chemistry, biology, and environmental science.
The Conductivity Probe has three ranges, providing optimal precision in any given range. Biology teachers can use this probe to demonstrate diffusion of ions through membranes. Chemistry students are able to quickly investigate the difference between ionic and molecular compounds, strong and weak acids, or ionic compounds that yield different ratios of ions. Environmental science students use it to measure TDS, total dissolved solids.
- Typical Resolution:
- Accuracy using factory calibration:
- Accuracy using custom calibration: ±2% of full-scale reading for each range
- Response Time: 98% of full-scale reading in 5 seconds, 100% of full-scale in 15 seconds
- Temperature Compensation: automatic from 5 to 35 °C
- Temperature Range (can be placed in): 0 to 80 °C
- Cell Constant: 1.0 cm-1
- Description: ABS body, parallel carbon (graphite) electrodes
- Dimensions: 12 mm OD and 150 mm length