The Fluorescence/UV-VIS Spectrophotometer measures the absorbance and fluorescence spectra of various chemical and biochemical compounds.
VSP-FUV Vernier Fluorescence / UV-VIS Spec
30.361,10 kn + PDV
Our affordable Fluorescence/UV-VIS Spectrophotometer is designed specifically for upper-level chemistry courses. We’ve combined the functionality of a fluorometer with the power of a UV/VIS spectrophotometer to allow students to easily and accurately conduct numerous fluorescence experiments with compounds such as quinine sulfate, DAPI, GFP, and tryptophan. Exchangeable LEDs ensure you get the exact excitation wavelength needed for your experiment. To conduct emission spectra experiments simply attach the Vernier Spectrophotometer Optical Fiber.
The Fluorescence/UV-VIS Spectrophotometer connects directly to a computer or LabQuest. Data can be collected and analyzed using our Logger Pro software or free Spectral Analysis software, so there is no need to train students on yet another instrument software.
- Detection modes: Absorbance and Fluorescence
- Dimensions: 18.5 cm × 17.0 cm × 7.0 cm
- Power supply: AC adapter (included)
- Power consumption: 3 A start-up, 500 mA continuous
- Absorbance light source: deuterium (UV) and incandescent (VIS)
- Emission light source: Exchangeable LED (ships with 375 nm, 450 nm, 525 nm)
- Detector: Linear CCD
- Wavelength range: 220–850 nm
- Wavelength reporting interval: ~ 1 nm
- Optical resolution: 3.0 nm (as determined with 486 nm hydrogen emission spectral line FWHM)
- Wavelength accuracy: ± 2.0 nm (as determined with holmium oxide NIST standard)
- Absorbance photometric accuracy: ± 5.0% (as determined with potassium dichromate NIST standards)
- Absorbance photometric range (for best accuracy): 0.1–1.0
- Typical scan time: ~ 2 s
- Sample format: 10 mm × 10 mm cuvette (UV fluorescence cuvette included)
- Fluorescence emission detection limit: 1 mg/L quinine sulfate dihydrate in 0.1 M H2SO4